Cornices can be found in many homes, mostly in those homes dating back from the Victorian and Edwardian periods. Anyone who lives in a house with any period features, might know that they often need some TLC. Over time, cornices lose their good looks and start falling apart. In some cases, the entire cornice may crash on the ground. If you live in an old house, you must be proud of its aesthetics. We understand that it must be devastating when you find out that your plasterwork cornices are starting to show signs of ageing. This may range from small cracks in the plaster to chips and even gaps, depending on the age of your cornice. When you are renovating and you wish to paint your walls or ceilings, the bad condition may prevent you from achieving the results that you wish to have.
There is only one way to prevent this – book our professional cornice repair service and we’ll make sure that the cornices in your home are in good condition and that they are prime and ready for your renovation project.
Cornices are a beautiful decoration and they can give your home a unique look, but you must maintain them regularly in order to preserve their good condition and looks. Thanks to our company, you can stop worrying about the condition of the cornices in your home. Our cornice repair services can be booked for one-off repairs or on a regular basis.
Our cornice repair service is carried out by a team of professionally-trained workers who have been working for our company for years. They’ve proven their skills and experience numerous times and we are confident that they are the best choice when it comes to cornice repairs and restoration. Thanks to the licensed designers working at our company, we are capable of restoring the original looks of damaged cornices.
Here is how the whole process of the service usually goes:
- You will receive a complimentary survey, in order to properly determine the condition of your cornice or coving and decide on how to proceed in the best way possible.
- Whenever we take on such jobs, we combine our efforts with those of heritage experts, architects, consultants and interior designers.
- When we figure out what the best course of action is, we will discuss it in detail with professionals in the area and put together a report for you.
- The method we chose might be fibrous plastering, lime plastering or lath and plaster work based.
- We are going to repair the damaged sections on site and will replace the ones that are heavily damaged or overall missing.
The process of repairing a cornice is not complicated but requires a lot of skills and knowledge. Here is what to expect.
- After inspecting the damage, the technician will prepare his tools.
- The paint will be stripped off with a peel away product, in order to prevent any damage.
- The damaged area will be thoroughly cleaned of large debris and other dirt that might get in the way.
- All cracks and small gaps will be filled with soft filler. This will create a smooth surface for future painting.
- Larger holes will be filled in with additional pieces. The hole will be cut out and replacement wood panels will be placed, fixed in place and evened out.
- Redefining all edges will follow. This will ensure that the cornice or coving look sharp, neat and clean.
- The area will be sanded and cleaned before the colour of paint is chosen and applied.
If you want to work with a professional company which values its customers and their opinion, then we should be your choice. We’ve worked with hundreds of people from entire London and we’ve never disappointed a single client. Give us a call if you have any questions about our cornice repair service.