Floor screeding is one of the most important processes and it must be done properly in order to improve the quality and durability of the entire floor. If you are looking for a reliable and qualitative floor screeding service, then our company is the best choice for you. We’ve been in this business for many years and our services have satisfied the needs of hundreds of different clients. Our workers have carried out the floor screeding service over a hundred times and so far we have never received any complaints about the results.
A screed is a layer of well-compacted mixture of cement and fine aggregates that is applied to a concrete base as a light traffic surface or to receive carpets, vinyls or ceramic tiles.
One of the main reasons screeds are used in the vast majority of homes is the fact that they are very useful for leveling uneven floors. Screeds are also the preferred medium for underfloor heating pipes, as the material excels at absorbing and radiating warmth.
Floor screeding isn’t a very complex process, but it needs to be done professionally in order to achieve the desired effect. Basically, floor screeding is applying a mixture of cement mixed with different aggregates and water to the floor base. When this step is completed, the base is ready to take on the final floor finish. The process sounds simple, but it requires special knowledge and experience – things which only our workers can offer you. Here is what to expect from this service:
- The base surface onto which the screed is to be bonded should be well cured, sound and durable. The entire base should be prepared to result in a rough surface, suitable for bonding.
- Mortar, plaster and paint will be removed from the base surface.
- The entire base will be roughened, in order to ensure a good bond.
- All dust and chippings will be removed from the whole base surface.
- Cement, sand and water will be mixed in a mechanical mixer.
- An acrylic bonding agent may be applied to the base.
- The screed mix will be cast onto the wet bonding slurry
- The mix will be spread to all corners and tapped in order to expel all air.
- A spirit level will be used to ensure that the screed is leveled in all directions
- Polythene sheeting will be placed to cover the finished surface.
If the screed has been laid properly, then the floor will be very durable and will last for many years. However, if the job has been done improperly, then the floor won’t last for long and the cost of the repairs will be really expensive. Leave this job to our professionals and we guarantee that you won’t be disappointed.
We use several types of screeds, depending on the situation:
- Traditional screed
- Free flowing screeds
- Floor leveling compounds
- Structural screeds
- Fast drying floor screeds (accelerated screeds)
- Sand/cement floor screed
- Pumped anhydrite floor screed
If you need any additional information about our floor screeding service, you can get in touch with our knowledgeable support staff. They will answer your questions and provide you with additional information about our company and the other services we offer.
You may like to check also our Plastering services.